Count on green. Participatory management of nature in the city
The aim of the Count on green project is to implement innovative methods for managing nature in three Polish cities (Krakow, Lodz, Poznan) based on cross-sector cooperation and involvement of residents.
Nature in cities provides essential services that determine the healthy life and well-being of its inhabitants as well as the sustainable development of the whole area. In order to fulfil their potential to act on behalf of nature in cities we need to develop knowledge of ecosystems services, effective methods of joint actions as well as provide them with interesting forms of involving residents of Polish cities.
Map of activities:
- Members of the informal LAPNET association - an interdisciplinary group of specialists of sustainable development;
- Centre for Promotion of Sustainable Development from Poznan;
- Landscape Ecology Lab at the Humboldt University of Berlin, specializing in innovative projects on urban environment, particularly at the European level;
- YTK Land Use Planning and Urban Studies Group at Aalto University - pioneer and the world’s leading organization implementing the softGIS methodology into participatory decision-making processes relating to spatial management;
- Honorary patronage of Mayors of Cities of Krakow, Lodz and Poznan as well as Ministry of Administration and Digitization.
Project supported by a grant from Switzerland through the Swiss Contribution to the enlarged European Union.
Contact: Renata Putkowska, Project coordinator, E-mail: email@example.com